[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:19 am

Rebel wrote:
dutchie wrote:I guess Im one of the few that has no interest in Sookeh and Eric. Seriously, that girl spreads like peanutbutter.
Sam Trammell, he was Tommy all the way.
Tara, just leave/die/evaporate...
Jason and Jessica, that was cute. Poor Hoyt, but he has been a bit of an arse to her lately.


I'm with ya there. I'm also one of the few here that loves the character of Bill (and Stephen Moyor's portrayal of him). In all honesty, the extreme Eric obsessiveness and Bill loathing has slowly pushed me away from posting/checking out the TB forum extensively (thank God for Game of Thrones :P).

But this episode was a lot of fun. Possibly the best TB episode of the season so far. I just really hope the show gets back to it's raw southern "grit" and not become "Bon Temps 90210."

Oh...

...and Winter is Coming :cool:


P.S. I do miss all of you, though. It's good many of you came back :)


REBELLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!WELCOME BACKKKK!! now stay okay! :) ;)


the way the story is in the book is much more about Eric and Sookie but I feel in the tv show is much more about Bill and Sookie, and I feel more a "Eric from the book" fan, even though I do love how Allan Ball wrote Eric in True Blood.
And here everybody has their own opinion and are very friendly so you can come and say whatever is in your mind and you can like and dislike whoever you want and nobody is gone care... at leat is how I feel! so feel free to share more your opinions and post more :)
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
User avatar
Miss Ford
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: Rio, Brazil
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby Sawyer5665 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:01 am

dutchie wrote:I guess Im one of the few that has no interest in Sookeh and Eric. Seriously, that girl spreads like peanutbutter.
Sam Trammell, he was Tommy all the way.
Tara, just leave/die/evaporate...
Jason and Jessica, that was cute. Poor Hoyt, but he has been a bit of an arse to her lately.


Wasn't she a virgin before she met Bill, though?

Don't get me wrong....I'm not a big fan of Sookie by any means. I'm just saying, she's only been with 2 dudes.
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:07 am

she does have a lot love Interests (guys with feelings for her) but she olnly have been with Bill... and now Eric
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
User avatar
Miss Ford
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: Rio, Brazil
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby Sawyer5665 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:09 am

Miss Ford wrote:
Rebel wrote:
dutchie wrote:I guess Im one of the few that has no interest in Sookeh and Eric. Seriously, that girl spreads like peanutbutter.
Sam Trammell, he was Tommy all the way.
Tara, just leave/die/evaporate...
Jason and Jessica, that was cute. Poor Hoyt, but he has been a bit of an arse to her lately.


I'm with ya there. I'm also one of the few here that loves the character of Bill (and Stephen Moyor's portrayal of him). In all honesty, the extreme Eric obsessiveness and Bill loathing has slowly pushed me away from posting/checking out the TB forum extensively (thank God for Game of Thrones :P).

But this episode was a lot of fun. Possibly the best TB episode of the season so far. I just really hope the show gets back to it's raw southern "grit" and not become "Bon Temps 90210."

Oh...

...and Winter is Coming :cool:


P.S. I do miss all of you, though. It's good many of you came back :)


REBELLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!WELCOME BACKKKK!! now stay okay! :) ;)


the way the story is in the book is much more about Eric and Sookie but I feel in the tv show is much more about Bill and Sookie, and I feel more a "Eric from the book" fan, even though I do love how Allan Ball wrote Eric in True Blood.
And here everybody has their own opinion and are very friendly so you can come and say whatever is in your mind and you can like and dislike whoever you want and nobody is gone care... at leat is how I feel! so feel free to share more your opinions and post more :)


Yeah, I know what you mean. In the books, Bill and Sookie break up around the end of the 3rd book/beginning of the 4th.....and they don't get back together. I think that there was a big Bill/Sookie fan base out there in the True Blood fandom, and Alan Ball wanted to satisfy them by making their relationship more on the show than it is in the books.
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:30 am

Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer has such and amazing chemistry that they felt in love and got married LOL!! so they got a lot of fans for Sookie and Bill its very natural that it's more complicated to change the main couple to Sookie and Eric now... that has to be very well done... if its going to be done... Im not sure if this is Allan Ball's idea since he is all about shocking the public who has read the books....
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
User avatar
Miss Ford
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: Rio, Brazil
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby dutchie on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Thats one of my main problems that I have with Sookeh and Eric, for me the chemistry is lacking and I have always felt like he is going after his best friends younger sister. Eric has much more chemistrty with Bill :)
And I dont like this new Eric, I hate it when he puts on his teary puppy eyes and now that is all he does.
So, if you want to have Sookehs attention all you need to do is say she is beatiful and look at her with puppy eyes so she thinks she can control you.
User avatar
dutchie
Emmy Winner
 
Posts: 3200
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:14 am
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:03 pm

This "new" Eric as PV said just a part of him that it was always there. He is a very old vampire and lived in a time without tru blood so he needed to kill a lot and lived fully his true vampire nature. With time, he lost his humanity. And became the badass viking vampire god that we all know. Thats pretty clear to all us. This side soft size it's to show that Eric can be human without he past and history as a vampire but that's temporary. And I don't think Eric and Sookie are going to be happy for ever and ever for now on, surelly because he is gonna get his memory back and things are not gonna easy and I cannot wait for all te drama that it's coming with that!!

I'm not sure if I want Sookie and bill to get back together right now, to be honest I'm more interested in Eric and Sookie right now and also because I feel that Bill storyline seems so much more interesting without Sookie. All this power hunger and his conflits dealing with that this season have been a lot fun for me to watch.
But as I said before, I believe that differently from the book, this tv show is romantically about Bill&Sookie or at least there will be a strong love triangle (I hate those!! Lol) for a long time! So I think we are going to se B/s together again soon
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
User avatar
Miss Ford
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: Rio, Brazil
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby dutchie on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Miss Ford wrote:I feel that Bill storyline seems so much more interesting without Sookie.

I agree.
He does love her, but she made his life a lot more complicated. I think it has been good for everyone that she was gone for a year. I know it sounds harsh, but she is trouble.
And, vampire/mortal relationship is doomed from the start, thats why I think Sookeh should go after Alcide.
Just looking at him all day long is a great way to spend the day.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/ ... 3abv6x.jpg
User avatar
dutchie
Emmy Winner
 
Posts: 3200
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:14 am
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby Sawyer5665 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Also, we need to remember that when Eric gets his memories back.....he just might lose all the new ones he's made with Sookie. He could very well go right back to how he was before Marnie/Antonia put the spell on him. :hmm:
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Miss Ford wrote:I'm not sure if I want Sookie and bill to get back together right now, to be honest I'm more interested in Eric and Sookie right now and also because I feel that Bill storyline seems so much more interesting without Sookie. All this power hunger and his conflits dealing with that this season have been a lot fun for me to watch.


Feel the same way. It came a time when they were together that Bill started to bore the hell out of me with all the Sookeh here, Sookeh there... Sookeh izz mahn... now I love his scenes again, like I enjoyed them during the 1st season. It is fun to watch, like you say, and the fun is the reason I love the show.

Look, I might say Bill is this and that, but I seriously enjoy the character. That's why I opened a parenthesis and said that drama wise his actions were great... unlike Tara, because, sadly, everything she does annoys me for real and if I wasn't so keen on not losing a single second of a show that's quite short in itself, I would flash-forward all her appearances. :lol: (I think Rutina Wesley is great, though, nothing against her).

Sawyer5665 wrote:Also, we need to remember that when Eric gets his memories back.....he just might lose all the new ones he's made with Sookie. He could very well go right back to how he was before Marnie/Antonia put the spell on him.


Yep, he might... I hope he doesn't, though, because it could be a great chance to bring some internal conflict to him and conflict is always welcomed, at least in my case I love it, hehe.

Now, I am enjoying this side of him coming out and all, if only because it is another layer, but I am glad that for certain it has to be temporary. I love his very vampire, sarcastic ways with spontaneous although rare nice moments. That's the way I fell in love with the character, anyway.

dutchie wrote:And, vampire/mortal relationship is doomed from the start, thats why I think Sookeh should go after Alcide.


Exactly. The mortal either is turned, or the relationship is meant to die rather soon, if only because it is too intense for the mortal to bear.

Now, the question is: will Sookeh ever accept to be turned?

I particularly don't think so. I think that after she can take no more trouble and vampire craziness, she will end up with another mortal, human or not. Alcide is a good prospect. :)

dutchie wrote:Thats one of my main problems that I have with Sookeh and Eric, for me the chemistry is lacking and I have always felt like he is going after his best friends younger sister. Eric has much more chemistrty with Bill


In fact, they do... I love when they share scenes together because are some of the best. Please, more Bill and Eric together, Mr Ball! :D

Btw, I might sound crazy, but you know who I think share fantastic chemistry? Eric and Jessica... their very few moments together on the show, I loved them. Also, during 2009's Comic-Con, I felt the same way about the actors... you know, like they would make a hot couple. Their interactions were quite nice.

I still stand by the fact I don't think Jessica and Hoyt can last much longer, she needs someone else, probably a vampire to help and understand her because she has never received too much vampire education, anyway.
Image
Image

You have to invite me in.
User avatar
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator
 
Posts: 8326
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:49 am
Location: Fangtasia
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:17 pm

PandaVamp wrote:
dutchie wrote:And, vampire/mortal relationship is doomed from the start, thats why I think Sookeh should go after Alcide.


Exactly. The mortal either is turned, or the relationship is meant to die rather soon, if only because it is too intense for the mortal to bear.

Now, the question is: will Sookeh ever accept to be turned?

I particularly don't think so. I think that after she can take no more trouble and vampire craziness, she will end up with another mortal, human or not. Alcide is a good prospect. :)

dutchie wrote:Thats one of my main problems that I have with Sookeh and Eric, for me the chemistry is lacking and I have always felt like he is going after his best friends younger sister. Eric has much more chemistrty with Bill


In fact, they do... I love when they share scenes together because are some of the best. Please, more Bill and Eric together, Mr Ball! :D

Btw, I might sound crazy, but you know who I think share fantastic chemistry? Eric and Jessica... their very few moments together on the show, I loved them. Also, during 2009's Comic-Con, I felt the same way about the actors... you know, like they would make a hot couple. Their interactions were quite nice.

I still stand by the fact I don't think Jessica and Hoyt can last much longer, she needs someone else, probably a vampire to help and understand her because she has never received too much vampire education, anyway.


I like Alcide and he is totallyyyyy my type :lol: :lol: :whistle: but thats the couple I dont see the chemistry at all! I dont know I dont buy it...

Eric and Jessica!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: wow!!! I would never see that coming! But I guess I would never see a Jessica and Jason paring coming neither! LOL they both hot and I cant remember a lot their scenes together so I guess I dont have a proper opinion.... the fact is I think Eric is easy match for most of the girls in the show :D
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
User avatar
Miss Ford
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: Rio, Brazil
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:
dutchie wrote:I guess Im one of the few that has no interest in Sookeh and Eric. Seriously, that girl spreads like peanutbutter.
Sam Trammell, he was Tommy all the way.
Tara, just leave/die/evaporate...
Jason and Jessica, that was cute. Poor Hoyt, but he has been a bit of an arse to her lately.


Wasn't she a virgin before she met Bill, though?

Don't get me wrong....I'm not a big fan of Sookie by any means. I'm just saying, she's only been with 2 dudes.



Yeah...I think it's not fair comparison. There are times I love Sookie and times where I could --- :scared: :lol: , But most the time I root for her...I think she does actually value her relationships with people and sex isn't just sex to her...but these boys sometimes play a little too rough and I think it's hard to blame Sookie for her attractions to them...it's not like the show isn't politically complicated or on the CW or something :PP
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Miss Ford wrote:I like Alcide and he is totallyyyyy my type :lol: :lol: :whistle: but thats the couple I dont see the chemistry at all! I dont know I dont buy it...


Oh yeah, I have to agree with you here... story wise, I would be pretty much okay with Sookeh and Alcide together. Now, chemistry wise, imo, those two (Paquin and Manganiello) feel awkward, like water and oil... I don't know, they simply don't click for me either. He's very hot, but for some reason, I feel he's not easy to match, like he needs a very womanly woman, you know.

Miss Ford wrote:Eric and Jessica!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: wow!!! I would never see that coming! But I guess I would never see a Jessica and Jason paring coming neither! LOL they both hot and I cant remember a lot their scenes together so I guess I dont have a proper opinion....


If I remember right, they had only one or a couple of short scenes together, but I liked their dynamic, to call it some way. Now, what really called my attention the most was their interaction during 2009's Comic-Con.

You can check the whole thing here: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=11354 :)

Nah, the youtube link is dead. But here I found another:



...the fact is I think Eric is easy match for most of the girls in the show :D


Hahaha, I guess we're on the same boat, Miss Ford. I think he could even have chemistry with a broom. :lol:
Image
Image

You have to invite me in.
User avatar
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator
 
Posts: 8326
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:49 am
Location: Fangtasia
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby dutchie on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Miss Ford wrote:she does have a lot love Interests (guys with feelings for her) but she olnly have been with Bill... and now Eric

I know I was exaggerating, but she falls for people way too fast.
User avatar
dutchie
Emmy Winner
 
Posts: 3200
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:14 am
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:24 am

dutchie wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:she does have a lot love Interests (guys with feelings for her) but she olnly have been with Bill... and now Eric

I know I was exaggerating, but she falls for people way too fast.



I think not, because a lot people have had sex a lot younger than her...obviously that has to do with hearing everyone's thoughts...she has had a lot of love interests, but not a lot of sex with a lot of people...can't say the same for Bill, Tara, Sam, Lafayette oh god and how could I forget Jason.

Is Sookie Naive and too trusting? YES! --But she's not a slut, she's a [self righteous] romantic who see's the good in people.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

cron