[Official] Doctor Who Ep. 6.09 Discussion

General discussion for 'Doctor Who / Torchwood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Doctor Who Ep. 6.09 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Night Terrors

The Doctor receives a distress call from the scariest place in the Universe: a child's bedroom, as the time-travelling drama continues.

Every night George lies awake, terrorised by every fear you can possibly imagine – fears that live in his bedroom cupboard. His parents are getting desperate – George needs a doctor.

Fortunately for George, his desperate pleas for help break through the barriers of all time and space and the Doctor makes a house call. But allaying his fears won't be easy; because George's monsters are real.

The Doctor is played by Matt Smith, George by Jamie Oram, Amy by Karen Gillan and Rory by Arthur Darvill.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Doctor Who Ep. 6.09 Discussion

Postby Nuggen on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Obviously haven't seen it yet, but my kids are promising they won't be too scared to go to bed.

Anyone currently watching with suggestions?

I'm afraid I dont have enough holy water to go around tonight

:lol:

-- Merged Double Post --

Well my 9 year old flipped out. No sleep for me

He can handle the silents and weeping angles but this sent him over the edge?!
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Nuggen
Stunt Double

Postby Dreyesbo on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Does anyone know what the dolls where chanting? Couldn't make it out, except of course them saying "...even for the Doctor" at the end, and I'd like to know the first part of that sentence :D
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Dreyesbo wrote:Does anyone know what the dolls where chanting? Couldn't make it out, except of course them saying "...even for the Doctor" at the end, and I'd like to know the first part of that sentence :D

Off the top of my head they were saying things like 'come back' and 'it's time (or I want) to play', but I'd have to watch it again to get the rest of that sentence, sorry.

Great episode imo, creepy as hell for the kids, I can sympathise with you Nuggen, must have been a bad night for him :( lol. Loved the cgi of them turning into dolls, for the budget they have they out did themselves in this episode. Who was the director, anyone know? Whoever it was did a fantastic job as there were some gorgeous, and inventive, shots throughout.

I think my only gripes were that the landlord plot didn't really go anywhere, but I doubt that mattered to the target audience. He was there to scare and be turned into a doll more than wanting his rent to be paid. Also the ending seemed too rushed, having another 5 mins added to the story would have been perfect. As it was the alien cockoo idea was pretty much missed first time round for me.

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Return to Doctor Who / Torchwood Discussion [No spoilers!]