CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:37 am

I agree completely

And there were som ugly stuff surfacing over at the CW boards now and then. I don't want any animosity growing here at all. So I just frown at any bagage taken from CW to here. I was always a casual fan of SPN compared to most, and so I didn't take any extremes to heart. I wasn't there when the skeptics thread started at the CW, but what it looked like to me was simply there was made a thread for anti Cas people and a thread for pro cas people. So that each thread had it's users and people could air their love/disagreeement with the character without causing trouble cross the boards. Now of course people from each thread would lurk in the other and comment upon the posts - which was silly yes.

The time I was there though, what I liked the most about the skeptcs thread was the OT subjects. There was a lot of well thought out and humouros posts made about stuff that had nothing to do with Cas. After a while both thread sjust became random talk threads, only to ervert back to the cas subject when crucial things happened in the show.

Bottom line - for me at least, was that I found some pretty cool people in the skeptics thread, beyond the mutual skeptism. And I dare say any board would be better off with the likes of Olivia, Puppydreams and Benson35 posting here. They were some cool gals :) :thumbup:

-- Merged Double Post --

Considering the time, and my drunken inability to re-read my post. I will humbly decline any reponsibility for stocastic outbursts in the above post.

Oh and Rock &roll people! :rockon:

-- Merged Double Post --

How many times can it merge? :D

How do I get in touch with Mr darkufo, or whoever the admin is?

We need waaaay more focus on Castle! Most underrated show on tv atm! :wub:
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Gaussian on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:45 pm

Is the merging thing automatic? Actually, I like that, if it is.....cuz I thought we had to do it. :thumbup:

-- Merged Double Post --

It seems like it can get ugly anywhere you go....but I've never participated in that. I'm bi-bro all the way...leaning a bit more towards Dean. Honestly, I prefer the brothers getting along like they did the first three seasons. I'm really hoping for real understanding this season.

I don't hate Cas, but honestly, I don't think Supernatural should be about him. I thought when he was first introduced he was a cool kick-ass angel, but I didn't love when he became a goofy joke. I have no side in this question of a skeptics thread, but it seems kinda mean to have a thread devoted to disliking someone, whether they're real or not.

-- Merged Double Post --

Ohhh, I love Castle, too. :wub: :thumbup: This merging thing is cool. :roll:
Gaussian
Viewer

Postby Geordiegirl1967 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:03 pm

It seems like it can get ugly anywhere you go....but I've never participated in that. I'm bi-bro all the way...leaning a bit more towards Dean. Honestly, I prefer the brothers getting along like they did the first three seasons. I'm really hoping for real understanding this season.

I am totally bi-bro and I love them both equally. I have zero patience for brother wars. To me they indicate a set of people who have totally missed the point of the show. I hope we can avoid that here.

I don't hate Cas, but honestly, I don't think Supernatural should be about him.

Totally agree. I don't mind him, but his presence or absence make no difference to me. For me it is all about Sam and Dean.

One good thing about the CW board that might make a nice addition here were the 'pro' threads. There was a 'bi bro' thread for those that loved that aspect. There was a 'J and J' thread where people posted nice stuff about comments they've made about each other, their off screen friendship etc. There was even one for the music. They were always nice and friendly.

On the Js relationship, Clif tweeted a pic of the Christmas present the Js have jointly bought for him. It was a really nice looking watch. I just thought it was cute that they've bought a joint gift for Clif.

Not sure what I'm missing re this 'merged double post' thing. How does it work?
Geordiegirl1967
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Gaussian wrote:Is the merging thing automatic? Actually, I like that, if it is.....cuz I thought we had to do it. :thumbup:

-- Merged Double Post --

I don't hate Cas, but honestly, I don't think Supernatural should be about him. I thought when he was first introduced he was a cool kick-ass angel, but I didn't love when he became a goofy joke. I have no side in this question of a skeptics thread, but it seems kinda mean to have a thread devoted to disliking someone, whether they're real or not.

-- Merged Double Post --

Ohhh, I love Castle, too. :wub: :thumbup: This merging thing is cool. :roll:

Yes the merging happens automatically. If you post,and then post again right after your previous post,it will automatically merge your two posts.

Like you I loved Cas when he was kick butt angel,but then hated him when he became a joke. I wanted him to stay kick butt. Its one of the reasons I was excited about him maybe becoming the levi boss.

As for the skeptics thread,well I dont think its mean to have a place to discuss what you dislike. I think having a place to do that ,so that others dont have to read it is actually more respectful. I mean people complain about the negativity,and I understand that,but its to the extreme that you cant even talk about what was off to you about an episode or a character,without getting dogpiled for not seeing only unicorns and rainbows. I dont know about here,but I like being able to express what I didnt like as well as what I liked. Yes there were some extreme hatred happening there,but if you didnt go there you didnt have to read,but the same could also be said of the Cas fan club.There were some extreme fans in there as well.

I hated the bro wars. I hated not being able to express my opinion without being dogpiled for it. I hated not being able to just theorize or talk about how dean is feeling ,or what the writers might have been thinking without someone coming in and saying I just want my woobie dean. I love both brothers ,but I do see them differently,and I shouldnt be attacked for that. Yelling at me is not going to get me to change my mind. Its one thing I havent really seen here.
"When have we ever done normal?!"
magoghair
Extra

Postby CLDeangrl on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:16 pm

The merging is automatic, but only if you post twice in a row, one post of your own directly after another. At least that's how I've seen it happening since I've been here.

As for contacting the Admins/Mods...there's a board up at the top of the main list for suggestions, etc. You can post your Castle request there. :)

And agreed on Cas...I like the character but never thought the show should be about him. Same way I feel about Bobby. Love him...LOVE him...but he is not a main focus of the show. It's about Sam and Dean, plain and simple.

And I also agree that there's nothing wrong with having differing opinions. It would become really boring if we all agreed all the time. That being said, I firmly believe in disagreeing without disrespecting. No reason to get disrespectful. Things tend to remain pretty civil here, thankfully. :)
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Gaussian on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:18 pm

Geordiegirl1967 wrote:

I am totally bi-bro and I love them both equally. I have zero patience for brother wars. To me they indicate a set of people who have totally missed the point of the show. I hope we can avoid that here.

Exactly. They're FAMILY! Family takes care of each other. We should want that for them. For the characters ......and for the actors. You can tell they have a very close friendship in real life. It makes me proud to call myself a fan.

I don't hate Cas, but honestly, I don't think Supernatural should be

Totally agree. I don't mind him, but his presence or absence make no difference to me. For me it is all about Sam and Dean.

One good thing about the CW board that might make a nice addition here were the 'pro' threads. There was a 'bi bro' thread for those that loved that aspect. There was a 'J and J' thread where people posted nice stuff about comments they've made about each other, their off screen friendship etc. There was even one for the music. They were always nice and friendly.

On the Js relationship, Clif tweeted a pic of the Christmas present the Js have jointly bought for him. It was a really nice looking watch. I just thought it was cute that they've bought a joint gift for Clif.

Not sure what I'm missing re this 'merged double post' thing. How does it work?

I love the pro threads idea, although on another board I go to they have a "grumpy" thread for people who aren't that happy with this season. I admit I've used it quite a bit.
If you make a double post it automatically merges it. I had to try it out. :whistle:
Gaussian
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Awww a grumpy thread.....on the CW we had the writing skeptics,as well as cas skeptics,and my S7WorryWarts thread...for people to just express what they were worried about or didnt like...it was all in one place,and wasnt in tons of threads....

I love pro threads as well. I miss my old folks home for the older supernatural fans,and all my fan clubs...I had one for just about every character including levi cas...and my supernatural wishing well is already here as well as the music thread...
magoghair
Extra

Postby Bec666 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:39 pm

I don't mind a thread where folks voice their opinion. Just do it nicely. :)

I loved Cas and would love to have him back but with restrictions. I want him back like season 5 Cas. An angel with limited powers. I don't want Jimmy and I don't want Cas with powers. Popping and saving the day or healing the brothers.

Also agree with CL, I love, love Bobby (and Cas) but they shouldn't be in every episode. This show is about the brothers.
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby metalamazon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:18 am

Bec666 wrote:I don't mind a thread where folks voice their opinion. Just do it nicely. :)

I loved Cas and would love to have him back but with restrictions. I want him back like season 5 Cas. An angel with limited powers. I don't want Jimmy and I don't want Cas with powers. Popping and saving the day or healing the brothers.

Also agree with CL, I love, love Bobby (and Cas) but they shouldn't be in every episode. This show is about the brothers.

I couldn't agree more. I like Cas and I really love Bobby, but somehow it makes me happy that there seems to be less of them in the upcoming episodes. I want the feeling of the two brothers who are up against real evil plus authorities back again. I really miss that. And I miss the opportunities for the two to show just how great they are at getting in and out of trouble. :D
metalamazon
Viewer

Postby Bec666 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:45 am

Yep :)
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:01 am

I LOVE Bobby,and I hope he doesnt die,but I also love it when we see the boys try and figure their OWN way out of trouble.

I didnt always like when cas would just magically make things better either. I actually enjoyed it more in the begining when he wouldnt help because it wasnt allowed,or sometimes made it worse for the boys. That was more frustrating for the boys,but more enjoyable for me :D
magoghair
Extra

Postby CLDeangrl on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:21 pm

Definitely agreed on all counts...I'd love to see more of the boys just relying on each other. That's what I mean by wanting the Season 1/2 feel back!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:44 pm

I thought we were supposed to get that this season. The boys only having each other to rely on. I havent seen it yet,unless I missed it. Did I miss it? cause it just seems like they've each been off on their own doing their own thing. I dont really see them relying on each other.
magoghair
Extra

Postby Gaussian on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:22 am

metalamazon wrote:
Bec666 wrote:I don't mind a thread where folks voice their opinion. Just do it nicely. :)

I couldn't agree more. I like Cas and I really love Bobby, but somehow it makes me happy that there seems to be less of them in the upcoming episodes. I want the feeling of the two brothers who are up against real evil plus authorities back again. I really miss that. And I miss the opportunities for the two to show just how great they are at getting in and out of trouble. :D

I agree, but I understand why they've included the other characters. It's too exhausting for the Js to be in every single scene. It's rough on the actors to have only two leads.
Gaussian
Viewer

Postby Bec666 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:23 am

If you missed it Mags, I did too. So far all they've done is fight and do their own thing.
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]