If YOU Could Cast the 12th Doctor...

General discussion for 'Doctor Who / Torchwood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: If YOU Could Cast the 12th Doctor...

Postby Akirajay38 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:22 am

anyone suggest Simon Pegg yet?
Akirajay38
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby boomstickblues on Thu May 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Akirajay38 wrote:anyone suggest Simon Pegg yet?

Now why didn't I think of that? Simon would make a fantastic Doctor!
boomstickblues
Viewer

Postby lost on Thu May 26, 2011 9:46 pm

Simon Pegg would be awesome!

If I was casting an older actor I would have to go with John Noble, he would be just delightful as a crazed elderly doctor! :P
lost
Show Expert

Postby Akirajay38 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:41 am

The more and more I think about it, The more and more I like Matt Smith, thought he was tops from the beginning, but written in the start of all Doctors is their end so, I have come to these actors. A) His replacement should be David Morrissey, WHY? Morrissey was just badass when he thought he was The Doctor. It's not the first time an actor was shown on the show and wound up becoming The Doctor. I'd put him in a blue version of what he wore in The Next Doctor, very old school look for the Doc. B) Alan Rickman, why? It's against type and he's an older bloke that can do somber very well. He could bring a moody atmosphere to the role we haven't seen in awhile. I'd make him the first Doctor in a regular suit with a trench coat. Gives him the private detective look. C) Richard E. Grant, as Either the Doctor or The Valeyard. D) Sean Pertwee, Why? Because hes badass thats why. :D
Akirajay38
Viewer

Postby Ladye Rigel on Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:57 am

Now that is a very interesting idea. I agree with you. He would be good.
The Seven Sisters
Ladye Rigel
Viewer

Postby Akirajay38 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:34 am

Ladye Rigel wrote:Now that is a very interesting idea. I agree with you. He would be good.

Not sure to whom you are referring, but I am glad you agree with me. :hmm:
Akirajay38
Viewer

Postby farmerluk on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:59 am

Rowan Atkinson :O

Not really, but I'd say someone older this time. I've definitely loved Matt Smith, but feel the next one should look older, not sure why.
farmerluk
Viewer

Postby Akirajay38 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:24 am

I like Rowan Atkinson, I whole heartedly believe that if the classic Doctor WHO continued into the 90s, we would have gotten a serious Rowan Atkinson Doctor. The way I see things is how Gareth Roberts sees them. If The BBC had proper advertisements for Sylvester McCoy's Doctor WHO, it would have been a smash hit. He would have gone out bigger than Tom Baker(Maybe :roll: ) and Rowan Atkinson would have been #8.

Now, for those who have read this forum know, I also agree on an Older Doctor, so do many other Whovians on this forum.....Also does anyone like that name of Whovian? Anywho...Suggestions from Bill Nighy to Alan Rickman to Sean Pertwee(I Just Like Saying that name..Pertwee...) have cropped up on this forum. I love Matt Smith's Doctor and somehow I feel that the BBC will just follow the trend and hire young actors to be the Doctor..... So I say just Hire Mark Gatiss and be done with it :PP no one will ever be satisfied.
Akirajay38
Viewer

Postby Jensenfan1978 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 am

I have no idea if he would do it, but I think that James McAvoy would be good in the role.
Jensenfan1978
Viewer

Postby Akirajay38 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:05 am

Jensenfan1978 wrote:I have no idea if he would do it, but I think that James McAvoy would be good in the role.

As an American, I can say truthfully that James McAvoy is who an American Studio would cast as the Doctor. No wait, An American Studio would cast Robin Williams as the Doctor and Meagan Fox as Romana. I think James McAvoy is awesome and if he were still doing TV I think he would do it, but his soul now belongs to Hollywood. :cry:
Akirajay38
Viewer

Previous

Return to Doctor Who / Torchwood Discussion [No spoilers!]