Episode 11 synopsis is up

Spoiler discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Episode 11 synopsis is up

Postby magoghair on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Becky wasnt really the problem for me. I totally had anticipated the episode BECAUSE of DJ Qualls,and was disappointed,because he really wasnt used that much in the episode at all. They built up DJ,being in the episode so much ,I thought there would have been more for him to do,and be a part off,and he really wasnt used to his potential IMO.

so on that front it was kind of a let down....I did enjoy Dean in the sweater vest though. I'm sorry I just cant help it. I LOVE getting to see Dean dress in various outfits especially when there so NOT Dean. A part of me wonders if he hadnt put so much energy into trying to be just like his dad,exactly what WOULD dean be like? Is his persona just what he created in trying to be his dad ,or is it really him? that would be interesting to find out IMO.

Plus I'm not a big fan of victim sam...I much prefer victim dean... :P And I hated that once again the boys were seperated. it made me sad :cry:
"When have we ever done normal?!"
magoghair
Extra

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Gaussian on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:03 am

magoghair wrote:Becky wasnt really the problem for me. I totally had anticipated the episode BECAUSE of DJ Qualls,and was disappointed,because he really wasnt used that much in the episode at all. They built up DJ,being in the episode so much ,I thought there would have been more for him to do,and be a part off,and he really wasnt used to his potential IMO.

I felt the same way when they cast Michael Shanks from StargateSG1. Here is one of the leads of one of the longest running Scifi shows on television and they give him some tiny role. We're talking Daniel Jackson here!! I was very disappointed. His potential was totally misused, unlike his role on Smallville. There he was an important character who interacted with Clark quite a bit and even was reoccurring through several seasons. Honestly, I don't know what they're thinking over there.

Geordiegirl1967 wrote:
Gaussian wrote:And, let's be honest Becky is an annoying character. I think most of us, if we're being honest, never cared if we ever saw her again. Honestly, if she is the representation of the "fandom", I'm not sure, but that I'm a little insulted. :hmm:

Who says Becky represents the fandom? Why can't she just be a character in her own right? It is interpreting her in that way, assuming that is how the writers see us, then feeling insulted by that, that is at the heart of lots of fans problems with this ep. My point was that, without that baggage, it was a perfectly ok ep IMO.

I think it is an issue. It's definitely something I feel. Mind you, not very strongly, but enough to make me dislike the character. I have no doubt that there are some fans like her, but using her over and over again does feel like they're saying thats the only kind of fan out there. But that's just my take.
Gaussian
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:17 pm

On one hand I WANT great actors and actresses used well,but on the other hand,I dont want their fame as an actor to take away from the show....

Like I hated Roadkill because it seemed the show revolved around the actress that played the cylone on BSG,and I felt like Sam and Dean took a backseat.

In the Becky episode I felt Becky kinda took the spotlight,and DJ Qualls was underused.....And I hated Sam and Dean being seperated.
"When have we ever done normal?!"
magoghair
Extra

Postby metalamazon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:23 am

DJ Qualls seemed a bit underused in that episode, but I loved his character. I hope they will bring him back. :D
metalamazon
Viewer

Previous

Return to Supernatural Spoilers