Season 7 - Episode 16 - Out With The Old - Discussion

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Season 7 - Episode 16 - Out With The Old - Discussion

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:13 am

Well...not really sure how I feel about this one. Wasn't exactly what I was expecting, which isn't to say it wasn't good...it actually was. I just didn't see the Leviathan twist coming. But then that's par for the course with the Leviathans. They've been confusing all season long.

At any rate...loved the first half of the episode, with the cursed objects. Felt like an old school case, complete with some total gross out moments and a few good lines.

But as soon as they were locking up the last object and we still had half an episode left, you knew there was more to come.

Which led us to the second half with the Leviathans. As I said, they're really frustrating the hell out of me...can't get my head around them as bad guys. But the brilliant thing is that's exactly where the guys are with them, so I'm assuming it was intentional on Sera and the writers' part to leave the audience in the same position. Kudos Sera!

Can't figure out exactly what Dick is up to, short of setting up a made to order smorgasboard for himself. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I didn't see the ending coming...figured they'd end by setting off Sam's breakdown somehow...but that was cool too. I'm thinking, blood notwithstanding, we may not have seen the last of Frank yet.

So bottom line...this was a head scratcher, but a good one. Not really looking forward to next week, at least where Sam's concerned, but I'm intrigued to see how it all pans out with Cas. This show always leaves you thinking...no wonder we love it so much!

I'm giving this one a 9 out of 10...a tiny point off for leaving me STILL confused. :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 7 - Episode 16 - Out With The Old - Discussion

Postby Bec666 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:15 am

I liked the fact we don't know what they are up to. If I knew the plan the rest of the season would be boring.

But I digress...The boys are back! Finally! And what a nice episode to welcome them back. It started off with a GREAT EWWW factor.. I mean dancing her feet off? Just Gross. And then, the woman with the tea kettle... have to admit, I flinched and closed my eyes.

Sam not sleeping broke my heart. I had hoped for a bit more brotherly concern from Dean but that's ok. There was some and that's what counts. It was an interesting twist with the Leviathans too. Curing Cancer? My theory is they cure all the worlds diseases then people don't die. People don't die there are more for them to eat. Their own personal World grocery store so to speak.

I was surprised at the end. Didn't see Frank buying it coming. If he is dead. And I thought Sam would go bonkers at the end and leave us hanging.

All in all I loved it. Next week is not going to be easy....

And Meg is back. Did she save Cas? She seemed to have a thing for him.
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Re: Season 7 - Episode 16 - Out With The Old - Discussion

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:39 pm

That's true about not knowing what they're up to...it would make it a whole lot more boring. I was just having trouble with the Leviathans as bad guys...they just don't seem to have the creep factor some of the other bad guys have had, but they had much more of it last night, so that was cool.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]