Season 7 - Episode 17 - The Born Again Identity - Discussion

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Season 7 - Episode 17 - The Born Again Identity - Discussion

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:13 am

DAYUM!!! That was freakin' awesome!!

I was actually dreading coming into this one because I didn't want to see what was going to happen to Sam and I worried that the eventual solution they'd come up with wouldn't be credible, but man did they hit this one out of the park!

MAJOR kudos to Jared...he handles the tough, angsty stuff SO freakin' well! And only Sam would be completely falling apart himself and still coming to the aid of a damsel in distress. I absolutely loved that.

Nice to see some actual focus on Dean's part for a change...and especially to have it directed at his brother. I missed that big brotherly concern. Loved the very beginning when he stormed into the doctor's office...that's more like it!

Mark Pelligrino continued to rock. The man makes your skin crawl and makes you laugh at the same time...how brilliant is that?

Not thrilled with Rachel Miner's Meg...she just lacks the menace that Nicki Aycox had. But at least now we have an idea of where things stand with the demons...they're up to their usual tricks.

And then there's Cas. Love how they played that out...the comeback, then getting his memory back. Sigh...man, it was just nice having Misha back again. I'm sorry the way it shook out but, hey, Cas did say he'd fix things for Sam...unfortunately, he had to sacrifice himself to do it.

I was on the edge of my seat for the last few moments there, just hoping they'd get to Sam in time...whew!

Oh...loved the added touch with the book falling off the table. How cool was it to have Bobby reaching out and helping his boys? Awesome!

My one small complaint is the very end...would it have killed them to have given us the emo moment? This whole episode had a classic SPN feel to it, but it lacked that moment. It's almost as if the powers that be are determined not to give it to us for some reason and that's annoying.

But otherwise, this episode totally rocked. I have to take off one point for the ending, but I'm giving it a 9 out of 10!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 7 - Episode 17 - The Born Again Identity - Discus

Postby metalamazon on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:02 pm

I love this episode! Ok I'm a weird person and I really love Sam suffering, and we got a lot of that in this episode. Plus, the way they brought back Castiel was ingenious. By making that sacrifice for Sam, he somehow redeemed himself. I would love to have him back on the series as a totally insane, but basically good, angel character. I think there are some great story twists in there. :D

And the book falling off the table and the card underneath? Well now we know for sure that there is some kind of supernatural help, while we had been speculating with the beer being drunk in the other episode it was not so clear. I really hope it is Ellen or Bobby. I would hate if it was Crowley, but I think there is a greater possibility that the help is something evil. I mean, considering how the decision makers on Supernatural have been playing around with our feelings in the past! :scared:
metalamazon
Viewer

Re: Season 7 - Episode 17 - The Born Again Identity - Discus

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Um, I'm pretty sure that's Bobby. At least that's the way I've been seeing it. Whatever it is, it's been helping the guys all along. Even though Crowley wants them to stop the Leviathans, if he were going to step in and help I don't think he's be so subtle about it. My money's on Bobby. :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]