5X02 - Authority Always Wins [OFFICIAL DISCUSSION]

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

5X02 - Authority Always Wins [OFFICIAL DISCUSSION]

Postby Rebel on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:58 am

5.02— Episode #50: “Authority Always Wins”: Tara resurfaces in Bon Temps; Pam recalls her human life and first encounter with Eric; Bill and Eric meet Salome at the Vampire Authority headquarters. (Written by Mark Hudis; directed by Michael Lehmann.)

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: 5X02 - Authority Always Wins [OFFICIAL DISCUSSION]

Postby dutchie on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:35 am

Vampire Tara, its sad, but still annoying.
That kid vampire, he only had one line, but screwed it up that much that I hate him already.
Dont care that much about the authority, I do like the swede though.
Best part of the episode, Steve and Jessica. They way he entered the house and everything that followed, funny.
Anyway, seems like Steve is the new Nan.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:16 pm

dutchie wrote:That kid vampire, he only had one line, but screwed it up that much that I hate him already.

Lol, me too. He reminded me of the Secretary of Energy from Idiocracy. :lol:
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:54 pm

-Vampire Tara is pretty interesting so far. It almost seems like she has advanced abilities that other vampires take years to have, such as her strength and her weird levitating-like-perch on Sookie's kitchen sink. I am still holding out for a sudo-Demon or even 'magical' explanation. It's curious that she didn't fully obey Pam and left Sookie's, and for someone who used to have A LOT to say, how quiet she's been..

"The Guardian" (Roman) I also liked. I think the back story about God creating Lilith first before Adam and Eve is an interesting twist...and because there seems to be SO much going on with Vamps and their makers this season, I have to wonder if Roman's ritual of 'drinking the blood the Lilith', means he is the actual prodigy of Lilith, and if so, how interesting, because the text suggest that Adam and Eve (humans) where created for nourishment, which seems to be the thing that philosophically separates the vampires into two main factions... .(and the whole time I kept picturing Lilith as Bebe Neuwirth :p ) Lilith in myth is also associated with 'Demons' (and or dark witch craft, and or a "sacred prostitute")..I have to wonder if this icon is what strings the species together and if she literally could come back from the dead to play a role...(Tara???) IN Grecian versions Lilith is associated with "wild beasts of the Island and desert, crying to his fellow"

-The Authority Board seems interesting too! I don't think they introduced her name in the episode, but I think Roslyn HARRIS turned Steve Newlin. Additionally I am interested in Chancellor Drew's story. (Usually in Vampire folklore it's forbidden to make a turn one so young), but I am curious about whom he ever was and if there was a personal reason (like being someone's son) that he was turned.

-Pam: Her flash backs where brief. I am hopeful we will get more as the season progresses. It's interesting to think that Eric would save anyone, and I would have to think turning her might have also been out of desperation of being caught between life and death, much like Tara...as Eric warned her to be careful, as dead bodies of the prostitutes seem to be piling up around her.

-Sookie has seemed to have stayed grounded and this side of her continues to impress me.

-Lafayette seems VERY broken and I am just waiting for some shoe to drop with Jesus body and the Demon that was passed, let alone if any ghosts are wondering around.

-Patrick/Terry- Terry was pretty freaky this episode. His flash backs seem pretty bad, but am at a point where I think Patrick is the harbinger of bad news and what ever is going to happen with them...

-Jason has been pretty tough. I was impressed that he dumped the V out, but I wonder what's going to happen when he and Andy find out about Debbie Pelt and the circumstances of her death??

-Marcus' Mom/Luna/Sam/Emma/Alcede - That Wolf is a piece of work, asking Alcede to be the leader of the pack and then going to Luna's to ask about Emma, whom sadly seems to be a wolf, but maybe she just choose to be one, because she's seen her daddy be one?? Luna is someone I would like to get know better. (And how could Sam even suggest to Luna what to do about family?! -Does he not remember what just happened with his own?!) But that would be horrible to have your child taken away, because all ware-wolves believe all ware-wolves belong in packs!

Eric/Bill/Nora- I thought the interrogation scenes were hysterical! "Long Live the King!" It's so strange seeing Bill and Eric just bit the bullet for each other. -Although I thought in front of the Authority, Bill was extra accommodating. Hope Nora doesn't get axed. I would love for her to stick around a while.

I thought it was a good episode, but I thought the premiere was better.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:46 am

dutchie, Thirty-Fiver... good to see you two again :)

I enjoyed the episode. Highlights for me were the interrogation scenes, the authority scenes (especially Chris Meloni), and the glimpse of Russell in the end.

BTW, where's Panda Vamp, bedesford, and the others? We should invite them back!

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Postby dutchie on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 am

Rebel wrote:dutchie, Thirty-Fiver... good to see you two again :)

Hi there :)

Rebel wrote:BTW, where's Panda Vamp, bedesford, and the others? We should invite them back!

I think bedesford is always someplace busy without a decent internet connection. Panda Vamp, good question.
Loads of members arent really posting anymore. Its a bit comatose on this forum.

Anyway, True Blood is back :thumbup:
And because I liked this so much

I love how she hisses and those college kids.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Rebel wrote:dutchie, Thirty-Fiver... good to see you two again :)

I enjoyed the episode. Highlights for me were the interrogation scenes, the authority scenes (especially Chris Meloni), and the glimpse of Russell in the end.

BTW, where's Panda Vamp, bedesford, and the others? We should invite them back!

I was wondering the same thing! It's sad the forum is a little dead right now :cry:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi everyone!! loved your comments

I also loved your points DarthLocke and I agree with you in a lot of things! :)
I really like Sookie so far! Let see how long she will stay in control!
I also LOVED Jessica/Steve storyline! OMG so much fun! the comes and goes!! priceless! :) give me more of that! Steve will be one of my favorite characters this season! he is so charismatic and enjoyable to watch! :)

I used to hate Tara but Im kinda interested to see how Pam and her will deal with each other! I guess that will be fun too!

I like the whole Authority plot so far! Im not disappointed! Love Solome and Roman! and Im very curious about this Lilith... do you guys think we are going to meet her, since being a vampire she can still be around! :)

(as for the other storyline... meh alcide, terry ... I didn't get a lot of interest :/)
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:39 am

Miss Ford wrote:Hi everyone!! loved your comments

I also loved your points DarthLocke and I agree with you in a lot of things! :)
I really like Sookie so far! Let see how long she will stay in control!
I also LOVED Jessica/Steve storyline! OMG so much fun! the comes and goes!! priceless! :) give me more of that! Steve will be one of my favorite characters this season! he is so charismatic and enjoyable to watch! :)

I used to hate Tara but Im kinda interested to see how Pam and her will deal with each other! I guess that will be fun too!

I like the whole Authority plot so far! Im not disappointed! Love Solome and Roman! and Im very curious about this Lilith... do you guys think we are going to meet her, since being a vampire she can still be around! :)

(as for the other storyline... meh alcide, terry ... I didn't get a lot of interest :/)

I am actually pretty interested in Terry's story line, just because I have always liked Terry. -And I am curious to see how Patrick is going to turn out, and how their story might tie into whatever else may come this way! As for Alcide and even the Ware thing, it's sort of the bottom of my interests, however Marcus' mom (I really need to remember the character's name!) does actually scare me to death...and since Russell is seemingly on the horizon, I have to wonder if they'll be connection between her and him too? Let alone if she knew Debbie Pelt, finds out the truth, and seeks vengeance against Sookie as well :scared: :w00t: :lol:

And you and dutchie are SO right, the Steve and Jessica scene was fantastic! :thumbup:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]